Bryan E. Edwards
Little River, SC 29566
(843) 410-9953 e-mail: email@example.com
Award-winning sales and management professional with over 17 years of successful experience in new business development, operations management, sales management, territory management, and superior customer service. Results-oriented and driven self-starter with a high level of focus on increasing sales and promoting company profitability. Known for “Performance…not Promises!”
Jul 08-present:Carolina Boat and Yacht Sales–President/General Manager (brokerage operations)
· Presently marketing and selling customer’s pre-owned (brokerage) boats and yachts. Coordinate all sales and services including: product presentations, contract negotiations, finance and insurance, and closings.
Mar 03-Jul 08:Carolina Boat and Yacht Sales – President/General Manager (retail operations)
· Managed total revenues of over $5.5 million annually.
· Owned and managed 2 retail locations (multi-unit) – Little River, S.C. and Charleston, S.C.
· Formulated and presented an effective strategic business plan which resulted in an initial $750,000 inventory line of credit. The success of the business led to an increased line of credit of $3 million in the very 1st year of business.
· Negotiated business accounts with various suppliers and vendors to ensure the highest quality at the most competitive prices.
· Trained and managed 12 employees in their respective areas: sales, front office management, customer service, product service and CRM (Goldmine). Established written monthly sales goals to meet or exceed financial objectives. Continuously conducted sales and customer service training in order to maintain the highest standards set forth. All of which led to numerous awards in retail sales and customer service.
· Developed a successful advertising and marketing plan by branding company name and reputation and by also increasing on-line presence via social media and internet marketing, all of which dramatically increased sales.
· Established company budgets, prepared and analyzed financial statements, and supervised accounting matters in order to constantly improve the company’s financial position.
· Negotiated with lenders in order to secure the most competitive financing rates and terms for customers.
· Reviewed product pricing and gross margin goals for existing products annually and established new product pricing in order to maintain acceptable margins.
· Assisted manufacturer’s with new product development in order to meet and/or exceed customer’s needs and expectations.
· Coordinated, managed, and participated in all local, regional, and national boat and trade shows.
· Highly experienced with new business development, sales management, and territory management.
Mar 95-Jan 03: Wilkins Boat and Yacht Sales – Assistant Sales Manager
· Provided sales training for new sales persons.
· Developed and maintained the company’s website to increase the company’s market exposure.
· Organized and managed all boat and trade shows in order to increase market exposure.
· Sold brokerage and new boats/yachts which included Bayliner Yachts, Carver Yachts, Maxum Boats and Yachts, Ocean Sport Fish Yachts, Silverton Yachts, Mainship Trawlers, and Century fishing boats.
· Maintained the highest standards of customer care throughout the buying and ownership process.
· Licensed general contractor. Directed all aspects of building and remodeling including: employee management, competitive estimates, sales, and contract negotiations. Supervised and performed all aspects of construction.
Jun 87-Oct 92: Ocean Creek Resort – Front desk clerk, reservations, and assistant night manager
· Performed all front desk (office duties) – customer service, pbx, night auditor, and employee supervision. Worked full-time while attending college full-time.
Nov 84-Apr 87: United States Air Force – Medical Administration/Medical Specialist
· Biometrics specialist, medical records supervisor, special projects coordinator, and EMT. Air Force Training Ribbon, Air Force Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Award, Air Force Longevity Award.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND CERTIFICATIONS
2011-National Association of Sales Professionals - (NASP)
2003-2008–My company, Carolina Boat and Yacht Sales, was consistently awarded “Top 10” in Wellcraft boat retail sales and CSI (customer service index) every year out of 70 dealers worldwide.
2006-2008–Awarded Yamaha Certified 5-Star Dealer status annually for superior customer service.
2006-Ranked as the 3rd largest Wellcraft dealer in the world with over $3 million in boat retail sales as well as being ranked 5th in overall customer satisfaction (which has never been accomplished during the 50 year history of Wellcraft Marine).
2006- “Rookie of the Year” award from the Rinker Boat Company for exceeding $1 million in boat retail sales in the first year as a dealer (Commodore’s Club).
2003-Certified Wellcraft and Rinker boat/yacht dealer and sales consultant
1996-U.S. Coast Guard – Licensed boat captain (Marine experience)
1996-Certified Maxum and Silverton Yacht Sales Consultant
1996-Member-Florida Yacht Brokers Association-Licensed Yacht Broker
1995-Professional Association of Diving Instructors (P.A.D.I.) – Open Water Scuba Instructor